Monitor Dissolved Oxygen Without the Hassle of Constant Calibration
An affordable, precise data logger that measures oxygen concentrations in lakes, streams, rivers, estuaries, and coastal waters. Recommended for aquatic biology and hydrology research projects, this easy-to-maintain logger uses RDO® Basic (Rugged Dissolved Oxygen) optical DO sensor technology.
- Affordable, high performance dissolved oxygen (DO) monitoring with 0.2 mg/L accuracy
- Optical DO sensor technology for long-lasting calibration with less maintenance
- HOBOware Pro's Dissolved Oxygen Assistant software corrects for measurement drift from fouling; provides salinity-adjusted DO concentrations and percent saturation
- Optical USB interface for high-speed, reliable data offload
- User-replaceable DO sensor cap eliminates need to send logger back to the factory to replace membrane
Note: For DO measurements in saltwater, an adjustment for salinity is required. For waters with small changes in salinity (<2 ppt), a salinity meter reading typically provides enough accuracy. For environments with greater salinity changes, we generally recommend the HOBO U24-002-C Conductivity logger. If you need DO in Percent Saturation, barometric pressure data is required, which can be logged with a HOBO U20-001-04 Water Level logger.
Requires HOBOware Pro software and either a U-DTW-1 Waterproof Shuttle or the Base-U-4 Optic USB Base Station for configuration and data offload.