kWh Transducer / Submeter
Multi-Color Diagnostic LEDs
Perfect for Net Metering
||1 Phase 2 Wire 230V with neutral
3 Phase 4 Wire 230V/400V
||3-Phase 3-Wire Delta 400V (No neutral)
3-Phase 4-Wire Wye 230/400V
- Delta models, WNB-3D-400-P, work either with or without a neutral connection, but require a line-to-line voltage connection for operating power.
The Advanced Pulse WattNode is a true RMS AC watt-hour transducer with pulse output (solid state relay closure) proportional to kWh consumed. The WattNode provides accurate measurement at low cost to meet your needs for sub-metering, net-metering, energy management, and performance contracting applications. The complete Pulse Output family measures 1, 2, or 3 phases in 2, 3, or 4 wire configurations. With voltage ratings from 120 to 600 Vac and current transformer (CT) ratings from 5 to 6000 amps, there is a WattNode combination to meet your AC power measurement requirements.
Our diagnostic LEDs provide a per-phase indication of power (green flashing) and negative power (red flashing) to help troubleshoot connection problems, like swapped CTs, or excessive line voltage. See the manual for a full description.
Advanced Output Capabilities are available as factory options:
- Standard output provides pulses on one terminal for positive energy and on another terminal for negative energy. This is useful with solar panels, where energy taken from the grid and energy fed to the grid can be metered separately with one meter (net metering).
- For more information on available options click the Options tab.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pulse output—Compatible with energy management systems and data loggers.
- Nominal 0.5% accuracy (see manual for details)
- Small size—Can be installed in existing service panels or junction boxes.
- Bidirectional metering—Net metering for PV (photovoltaic) solar and wind power generation with only one meter.
- Advanced metering design—Enables metering of inverters and variable frequency drives.
- Safe CTs—Integral burden resistor limits the output to low voltage.
- Line powered—No external supply required.
- Detachable terminal blocks—Easy to install and remove.
- UL, cUL Listed—Designed and tested for safety and use throughout North America.
- CE Mark—Can be installed throughout the EU.
- The optional LCD display module remotely displays energy in Wh, kWh, or MWh; or power in W or kW
- Small form factor for easy installation inside most electrical panels, see a sample installation diagram
- Assembled in USA, qualified under the Buy American provision in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
- Five year warranty
Warning: Hazardous Voltages - Only qualified personnel or licensed electricians should install the WattNode meter and current transformers.
Option P3 - Per-Phase Outputs
Option P3 provides three separate pulse output streams, one pulse output channel per measurement phase, which can be used to monitor each phase of a three-phase circuit independently or to monitor three separate single-phase circuits with one WattNode meter.
- Option P3 is fully documented in the main WattNode Pulse Manual.
- Example part number: WNB-3Y-208-P Opt P3
Option PV (Photovoltaic) measures net house energy (to or from grid) and PV or wind generated energy with a single WattNode meter.
Option Hz - Custom Pulse Frequency
Option Hz replaces the standard 4.00 Hz full-scale output pulse rate with a different rate.
- Frequency range (Standard Bidirectional Outputs): 0.01 Hz to 600 Hz
- Frequency range (Option DPO, Option P3, Option PV): 0.01 Hz to 150 Hz
- Example part number: WNB-3Y-208-P Opt Hz=300
- Example part number: WNB-3Y-208-P Opt P3,Hz=10/20/150
Option DPO - Dual Positive Outputs
Option DPO (Dual Positive Outputs) adds an extra pulse output channel for positive real energy. This allows the WattNode meter to be easily connected to two different devices, such as a display and a data logger.
Option SSR - Solid State Relays
Option SSR (Solid State Relays) replaces the standard optoisolators with solid state relays.
Option PW allows a fixed output pulse width, useful when driving certain devices like electro-mechanical displays.
- Example part number: WNB-3Y-208-P Opt PW=100. This would result in pulses with 100ms width (conducting or closed).
- Manual Supplement 17 (PDF)
Option Kh - Watt-Hours Per Pulse
Option Kh combined with Option CT configures the meter for a certain "watt-hours per pulse" value.
- Example part number: WNB-3Y-208-P Opt Kh=100,CT=50. This would result in one pulse per 100 watt-hours or one pulse per 0.1 kWh.
Option CT (used with Option Kh) configures the current transformer rated amps. This is necessary with Option Kh.
Option 2N1 - Two Single-Phase Outputs And One Sum of Phases Output
With Option 2N1, one model of WattNode Pulse meter can be used for monitoring either two single-phase circuits or one multi-phase circuit, simplifying ordering, stocking, and installation.